Monday, April 27, 2009

Squat Workout

All the college kids are back in the gym on their summer programs. Lots of deadlifting and push pressing. Made for a good training environment today. Here's what I did...

1) Wide Stance Squats (about 4-6 inches wider than hip width - i didn't actually measure) - 3x5 (worked up to 335)

2A) Narrow Stance Squats (hip width apart) - 3x10
2B) DB Triceps Extension (3x10)

3A) Back Extension - 3x10
3B) Narrow Grip Seated Row - 1xFailure

That was it.

No chocolate milk today. Wasn't hungry till I got home.

But when I did get home, I had two bowls of organic granola (from Mabel's Specialty Food Shop) with Kefir.

Kefir is okay, but I doubt I'll be buying any more of it. I just don't use dairy products that much any more. Was worth a try.

Stay tuned for a tale of my stupidity tomorrow,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - Guess what I'm doing tonight?

Reading over 231 entries into my transformation blog contest!

Click here to read these powerful transformation entries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw you tried kefir, curious if you'd researched it very much. I make my own at home, and it is WAY better tasting, and WAY WAY better for you than the store bought. The kefir grains eat all the lactose in the milk. I drink this daily with spinach and fruit as a "protein shake".
I just had to post a comment, b/c i love homemade kefir, the benefits are insanely good. You should give it a try!