Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nothing Beats a Good Training Atmosphere

Today I did deadlifts...and I trained down in the dungeon of the gym that I go to, and beside me were three young punks, about 21 years old, training hard. They had ugly form, but hey, at least they were training hard. And even though the gym music was pretty lame (I just can't train wearing an Ipod), all in all it was a good training atmosphere and helped me do this...

1) Deadlift - worked up to an easy 355x1, 325x5x5, and 245x11 (all done overhand, no straps, no belt)

2) Good Morning - 3x10

3) Cable Abs

That was it. Some pec stretching too.

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - That was a good workout but...

...the real news is the winners of the TT Transformation Contest!

Click here to see the most amazing fat loss transformations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig
I notice more deadlifts and less RDLs lately. Do you think deadlifts hit the back of legs as good as RDLs? I'm always sore in my inner legs with deadlifts than in the hams. Of course, the deadlifts are better for the full body.

Thanks
Jay

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

RDL's get the hamstrings more. but good mornings are essentially the same movement.

Andy said...

I've never known of any other exercise that hits every single muscle on your back - from your traps all the way down to your lower legs.

That's some great numbers!!!