Sunday, April 12, 2009

Push Pull Workout

Happy Easter!

I am traveling to Texas and Mexico later this week so I had to move up my workout by one day. Today was presses and rows, a classic push pull workout.

1A) Bench Press - worked up to 270 for 3 sets of 1
1B) Cable Rotator Cuff exercises

2A) Rack Lockout - 3x6
2B) BB Row 4x15

3) Seated Row (1 set to failure plus drop set)

I read a Dorian Yates interview recently and it is encouraging me to focus on "focusing" and getting more out of 1-2 sets than 3-4. I'm slowly experimenting with less volume.

And keeping with that theme, June's TT workout of the month will show busy folks how to get all they training they need in 2 sessions of 20 minutes. Can't wait to share that one with you.

But first, the May workouts need to be edited and filmed. There will be two next month. One for beginners and one for advanced (Reformed Meathead Fat Loss - based on a program I had one of my clients do back in February - he loved it and so will you!).

After today's workout Bally and I went to Grandma's for our Easter Treats. He got some rawhide and I got one of those chocolate covered marshmallow eggs (a good one from a real chocolate store, not low-quality stuff).

Our little city of Stratford must have the most chocolate stores per capita in Canada. There are at least 3 quality chocolate shops. The stuff I always get is from a place called, Rheo Thompsons. If you ever visit Stratford, make sure to stop in there for a treat.

So I ate that chocolate covered marchmallow egg with some almonds after my workout.

Now time for a big dog walk and for Bally to go chase Easter bunnies,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - Don't miss this week's FREE TT workout...

...in this week's fat loss coaching call report, I go over a bodyweight program for you here:

=> Bodyweight Fat Loss Circuit Workout 

No comments: