Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Workout

I was real tired last night, so I went to sleep pretty early (10:30ish) and slept till 7am. Then hit a dog walk and then the gym.

I only did 1 hard set for each exercise. Some of these are exercises that I skipped in my regular workouts earlier in the week.

1) Pullups

2) Overhead Squats (finally back up to 135x5)

3) BB RDL (245x8 - double overhand grip)

4) DB 1-Arm Standing Shoulder Press (65x7)

5) DB Reverse Lunge

6) Stability Ball Rollout

Good quick workout. Now for a big dog walk.

Have a Happy Easter,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - If you are a golfer that wants to get lean and lower your handicap, check out:

www.GolfFitnessChallenge.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig

Your deadlift workouts are unbelievable to me! I started incorporating them back into my workouts and, man, I feel like a weakling when I look at the weight you workout with. I'm not even up to 200 lbs. and just holding the bar is a killer for my hands, wrists, etc. I'm a similar size, 5'11, 185, but, must be incredibly weak! And when I do 150 lbs. and 3x8, I'm terribly sore. Any tips?

Thanks
Jay

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Hey Jay!

That's okay, there are women that are smaller than me and still deadlift more than me!

We all must just keep working hard.

Such a fun exercise. Enjoy the journey!

Craig

Barbara Ling said...

Great workout! I spent most of my day today at the Liberty Science Museum...and challenged my kids to climb the stairs 5 times in quick succession. I was still going when they called 'time out!' :)

And big dog (or in my case, big moose) walks are great - builds up tremendous biceps as well (but I'm pleased to announce they no longer pull like a freight train. :) ).

Enjoy, Barbara