Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Big Lunch & Deadlift Workout & Fast

Big lunch today at my fitness business coaching meeting...had a couple of sandwiches, salad, and some chocolate cake for dessert. Was hanging out with fasting expert Brad Pilon and muscle guy Vince DelMonte among others. 

We wrapped up our meeting aroudn 3pm, and I was kind of wired from all the Starbucks Green Tea I drank all morning, so I went to the gym to deadlift. Here's how the workout went down...

1) Hang Clean & Press

2) Deadlift - 330x5x5 (double overhand grip, no belt, no straps)

3A) DB Chest Press - 90x12
3B) Good Morning - 2x10
3C) Chinups

That was a 40 minute workout. Then I had a quick trip to the chiropractic to get my foot fixed up...it's almost back to normal since the "sliding down the ice hill with the dog" incident.

Feeling like a million bucks! I'm up to 183 pounds from 170 last month (showing you that you can gain muscle - and burn fat - while fasting).

Started a fast at noon and will go to tomorrow at noon. Going to head out of town tonight for a long weekend.

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

1 comment:

Marc Rainer Daniels said...

how tall are you craig? 183 is great, good work!