Thursday, January 01, 2009

Transform Your Body Contest Advanced Grand Prize Winner!

Here is the Grand Prize Winning Entry of the "Transform Your Body" Essay Contest for our Intermediate/Advanced Category...

Grand Prize Winner #2 - Intermediate/Advanced Category - Don Dees (deesdl2)

Don has won won a 1-Year Platinum Membership AND a Flip Video Camera to use to document her transformation.

Here's Don's story...

"I began using TT approximately 17 weeks ago. I'm guessing because I change routines every 4 weeks and I believe I'm on my fifth routine. When I began TT, I weighed 210 lbs.(I'm only 5'9" tall). I now weigh 188 lbs.

I have done the excercises faithfully, with the exception of the past week (holidays with family and friends). A few months ago, I started fasting two days a week using the ESE program. Neither TT, nor ESE, have been too difficult to use. In fact, my day seems totally out of whack if I do not follow my typical routine.

I love both programs and have a goal of losing an additional 30 lbs. I already need to have my dress slacks altered due to losing several inches off of my waist. i feel healthy and everyone comments on my healthy look. As additional motivation, I have set a goal to climb to the peak of Mt. Whitney with my son, and my younger brother and his son this summer. I love the conditioning which does not include hour upon hour of cardio, but instead is roughly 20 minutes of strength training and 20 minutes of cardio 3 days a week.

On rare occasions, I may add another day of activity, but for the most part, I have a sedentary desk job, five days a week, with long hours. Even though I'm 55 (almost 56)I feel like I'm in my early twenties! I'm the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life! If I can have this kind of success, anyone can. It is the one program from which I will never depart. Incidentally Craig, my membership just recently expired a few days ago, but I'm still doing the workouts!
Don Dees

Congratulations and Happy New Year Don!

Keep up the great work,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

No comments: