Sunday, January 18, 2009

Post-Fasting Deadlift Workout

Man, I was wiped out by the TT seminar (and by a bad sleep on Friday). But I got a good night's sleep on Saturday night so I could hit the gym this morning (busy day planned).

Despite fasting yesterday, using Eat Stop Eat, I was able to hit a new personal best this morning, doing 360 in an overhand grip deadlift. No straps. No belt.

Here's the rest of my workout...

1) Overhead Squat - 2x5

2) Deadlift - worked up to 390, then did 3 sets of 8 overhand at 255

3A) Good Morning
3B) Chinups

4) Pullthrough - 1 set. I was pretty tired.

Followed by a big 2 hour dog hike through the snow and park,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

3 comments:

Jesse said...

That's a hell of a workout after fasting Craig.

Anonymous said...

Hi Craig,

Do you think facepull is good for shoulder mobility?

Anonymous said...

Great workout...and still enough gas left to do the 2 hour hike with Bally! Impressive!