Friday, July 06, 2007

Bodyweight Circuit Workout Tips

Was visiting my hometown this week, and I saw a lot of overweight people - many more than I'd ever noticed before. Those people are going to be in a heap of health trouble in the near future.

And what's worse, I saw a 10 year old girl that had to be at least 110lbs, and not more than 4 feet tall. Her parents? Both obese.

Listen, there's never a better time to start changing your lifestyle than today. With my fat burning workouts and nutrition and exercise forums, I'll show you how to overcome motivation problems and change your lifestyle. 


Q: I was born fat, do you think i can melt fat by joggin and skipping 3 times a week for 30 minutes?


Answer:
Time to give up the excuses.

Unfortunately, if that's all you do, with no change in nutrition, you probably have less than 25% chance of success. Based on your attitude, it's more like a 5% chance of success.
There are 3 things you must do.


First, get social support.


Second, get your nutrition in order.


Third, get a structured fat loss program that not only gives you results, but also prevents overuse injuries from too much cardio.


Workouts better than cardio exercise

 


Q: 

I have no equipment or membership so I'm wondering about what my options are for doing this portion of the TT program? I believe I read something called "Circuit training" is a good option for doing intervals. Is this the case? What would be a good routine if so?

I'm aware I could simply go running around the neighborhood for my intervals, however I'd honestly rather not ( though I would if it came down to it ).

Thanks in advance!

Answer
:

In this case, we use bodyweight circuits.

To do a circuit, an easy way to get set up is...

a) Pick 3 lower body exercises
b) pick 3 upper body exercises
c) alterante between a lower and uppper body exercise without rest, till you are done all 6 exercises
d) rest a minute.
e) repeat for 15-20 minutes

Take a look at the crazy 8 bodyweight circuit in the July workout - it might be too advanced, but it gives you something to work from. Here's what one TT member think about the program...

 

"Hi...I've done the day 2 - crazy 8 circuit and it sure is crazy!!!
My arms and back of my are aching. I struggled to climb the stairs. I was sweating all over. It is hard work but felt good after."

 

As I mentioned, it is advanced. Get the July Bodyweight workout from TTMembers

 

 

Q: A co-worker of mine has lost 75+ pounds using the weight watchers/slow and low cardio/aerobic classes approach. Though she has come a long way and made great progress, she is now left with lots of saggy excess skin. I was wondering if there is anything she can do in terms of training that can improve this (incorporating heavier weight training), or is surgery the only answer?

 

Answer

Patience. The skin will return closer to normal with time. Adding a little strength training will also help, but there is nothing to dramatically reduce the skin at this time.

 

Burn fat, eat well, and enjoy the summer,


CB
Ask your fat loss question on the forum

No comments: