Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Squats and Nutrition Tips You Will Not hear Anywhere Else

Today has been fantastic, and it's only 11:05am. First up was a great dog walk with ol' Bally the Dog. We also goofed around inside and I snapped a few dolfies (Dog selfies) of him. I'll post tomorrow.

After that it was my squat workout.

1A) Squats
1B) Box Jumps

2A) Good Mornings
2B) Front Squats

3A) Lunges
3B) Leg Curls

It was a good 1 hour session, followed by some healthy food shopping at The Gentle Rain. I grabbed some walnuts, cacao nibs, and spinach for my weird breakfast meals. More details soon...Then it was home for a long overdue Facebook QnA here: www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

Q: I just do not feel like I am loosing any weight.. I am eating good.. and doing the like 10 minute videos. Any suggestions?? I am looking to lose another 25lbs to bring down my bmi. - Angie Ryan

Answer:

Advanced results call for advanced measures. Here's the perfect plan: You must combine diet with total body metabolic resistance training for the perfect 1-2 punch for losing belly fat. Grab these... 1) FREE meal plans: www.TurbulenceTraining.com/freemealplans and 2) And get these workouts: www.TurbulenceTraining.com

Q: Abs: every day, every other day, or once a week? - Diana Jones

Answer:

Abs 2-3 times per week with total body ab exercises...NO situps, crunches, V-ups, or waste of time exercises like that.

Q: Your thoughts on intermittent fasting - Nicole Beach

Answer:

Works great for many of our www.transformationcontest.com winners. Check out www.eatstopeat.com

Q:
Best suggestion to drink less Diet Pepsi? Is it really that horrible for you? I drink a lot of it, would rather have it than food... - Vicki Spires

Answer:

If it's the sweetness, try Zevia calorie free cola... it uses Stevia, not aspartame. If it's the caffeine, switch to Green Tea. If it's the bubbles, try club soda. Keep increasing your water intake each day. Try adding "True Lemon" flavoring to water at the start. Stay strong, you can make these changes!

Q: Can I do your program every other day and let's say trx on off days...I don't understand why i can't exercise everyday or 6 days a week. Thanks in advance. Love your program I'm at week 4 : ] - Josee Dumolin

Answer:

Josee - You will get overuse injuries ... either elbow, wrist, shoulder, knee or hip. Even pro athletes take off-days and have an off-season. Thanks. Stick to 4 hard workouts per week. Appreciated!

Great session!

Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Keep on pushing, testing, tweaking, tracking, failing forward, learning, and applying these new lessons. Focus on Forward Progress. Always be improving. Baby steps and little bets every day. Keep on pushing on, no matter how dark the days. The right attitude goes a long way.

Eliminating temptations in life is often more important and effective than planning to do the right thing.

***
Okay everyone, I really, REALLY have to go. Time to finish up the June Workout of the Month and get it off to the team for filming. I'll try and be back on Friday for another QnA session. Thank you so much for your awesome questions!

Until then, check out my new 11-Minute workout
- http://www.earlytorise.com/new-11-minute-workout-burns-your-fat-while-you-sleep-free/

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer


No comments: