Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Old-Man Meathead Workout

That's me, old man meathead. Jolly old' man Meathead.

I had a bit of a training conundrum this week. I have a flight to Miami tomorrow at 9am and yet that was my squat workout day. And because this was the final week of my current 4-week program, it had to be a good one. But I didn't want to be training at 5am tomorrow. And I didn't want to be trying to fit it during my trip to Miami in a strange gym.

So yesterday, with my legs feeling great, despite deadlifting on Sunday, I decided I'd give my squat workout a go today. And it turned out great.

I know it has a lot to do with all the time and effort I've been putting into my old man warmups, including rolling on the PVC pipe (more intense than a foam roller). It paid off with a great workout today.

1) Squats

2A) Lunges
2B) Glute Ham Raises

And that was it. I was still in the gym for 60 minutes because the old-man warmup takes a long time. But again, it is definitely worth it.

Tomorrow I'll have the full day off and then on Thursday I'll be hitting a meathead bench press workout in Miami.

Today's Training Resource:
Unique but effective ab exercises from Certified TT Trainer, Mike Whitfield
- http://turbulencetrainingforabs.com/unique-but-effective-ab-exercises/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:

"The harsh truth is that YOU need to take responsibility for your failures, successes, and lack of action. That is the number one reason people never get what they want – No personal responsibility. Most people don't take action and 12 months go by and at best they're in the same place in life that they were last year…only older. But I know you're different. I know that you want more from your life. You want more time with your friends and family, more money and more freedom. All you gotta do now is get out of your own way and get it." – Bedros Keuilian

"Gently yet often exercise your risk threshold like a muscle. Eventually it will become stronger and able to withstand greater pressure." – Frank McKinney
 
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Enjoy my interview from the "Your Money Matters" radio show here
- http://yourmoneymattersradio.com/?p=1617



No comments: