Wednesday, August 02, 2006

8-Mile


Mile Part 8

Got a good start on my day's projects, so I slipped into the gym a little earlier today, beating the lunchtime rush.

Was able to do some bodyweight warmups (using the bodyweight warmup from my TT for athletes manual - Click HERE for this great off-season & pre-season resource)

Then onto the treadmill for intervals.

The goal: To run 1/4 miles at a 5:30 mile pace.

The workout:
5 Intervals
@11.0mph (5:30 mile pace)
80 seconds running
40 seconds recovery

I stopped after 5 intervals, b/c I didn't feel that I could hold that pace any longer.

Felt great.

AND then...

I did some ab work.

If you want to increase the challenge of your ab training (i.e. in planks, jackknives, chops, etc.), do you ab training after some serious interval training.

Serious interval training will tax your abs and other muscles involved in breathing (as well as those involved in maintaining a stable pelvis while running fast).

So when you do your abs, all exercises will be about 30% harder. Good times.

Train safe,

CB
www.WorkoutManuals.com
www.grrlAthlete.com
www.TurbulenceTraining.com
www.cbathletics.com

No comments: