Monday, November 25, 2013

Tokyo-Toronto-Training-Tampa Journey Continues

Sunday was an interesting 37.5 hour day (18 hours in Tokyo +++ 19.5 hours in North America). Both of my flights home (from Tokyo to San Fran, and San Fran to TO) were smooth.

I slept really well on the Tokyo leg, so I decided to drive the 75 minutes from Toronto back to the farm at midnight on Sunday rather than staying at a hotel. Worked out well.

But cold as heck here on the farm...like February cold! That's twice already this fall it's been super cold. Dang. Doesn't usually get like this until the new year.

Upon my return to the farm, I slept from 1am to 7am, walked the dog in the bitter cold, meditated for 23 minutes, did my daily readings, and then started my workout warmup.

This was followed by a short drive to the YMCA where I did:

Squats
Box Jumps
Bench Press
Deadlifts

Pretty great workout considering I was in Tokyo just 48 hours earlier and on some insane futuristic time zone. ;)

I consolidate all of my barbell lifts into 1-2 workouts per week so that I can do the other 2-3 workouts in my garage...or in any half-decently equipped gym (just need at least 1 kettlebell and either a pullup bar or TRX).

After training it was a Paleo Protein Powder shake and my superfoodz snack of raw almonds, shredded coconut, and raw cacao nibs. I had this while doing my Facebook QnA session at www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

Couple of common questions popped up on my TT QnA today:

Q: How long should your fat loss workouts be? And why can't you workout every day?

Answer:
30 minutes is enough. Everyone, from pro athletes to regular mortals like us, needs recovery days. More does not equal more results. More = overuse injury. Train hard no more than 4 days per week. Then take some time off. Stay active, go for a hike, do yoga, etc, on off days for physical and mental health. Thanks!

For the best 30 minute fat loss workouts, get TT here:

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Surround yourself with positive people. Eliminate the toxic, negative people in your life.

If you really, truly want to change, you can't let others make you feel guilty for your decisions. Stand up for what is right for you.

Now it's time to get back to work.

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
www.TurbulenceTrainingCertification.com

No comments: