Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Japanese Deload Week

My trip to Japan, starting Tuesday morning, coincides nicely with a scheduled deload week in my training.

As I get organized for Japan and review my travel schedule, I've realized I spend almost two full calendar days to get from door to door.

Because I booked this flight on air miles (score! ... with downsides - i.e. - the connection), I have a connection each way. First, early Tuesday, I go from Toronto to Chicago and have a 3 hour layover before the 13 hour flight to Japan. I'm going to try and sleep for the last half of the flight.

I then arrive in Tokyo at 5pm on Wednesday and have to take a train to the hotel, and who knows how I will be feeling at that point. Will I be wide awake? Dead tired? Who knows? We shall see.

Then to throw in a twist, we are scheduled to go to the famous fish market at 4am on Thursday morning...will I sleep before...will I not be able to fall asleep...Geez, it's going to be a wild experiment.

On the way home, I leave the hotel at 3pm, catch a 9 hour flight from Tokyo to San Fran, and then have a 3 hour layover before flying from SF to TO, arriving at midnight on Sunday night. So it just feels like a day of travel on the way back, but I get home very late.

Then how will I feel? Dead tired? Wide awake?

I imagine I will feel totally bewildered. Again, another interesting life experience experiment...

While I'm gone, I'll probably do a bodyweight circuit or two each day. If I hit a hotel gym, I'll just do 1 set per exercise, and then come back fresh and ready to live again on Tuesday, Nov 26th. The day before I go on another 12 day road trip, ha! Oh well, on that one I'll have better access to weights. More details on that soon...

But when I return to the heavy weights, here's good advice to follow:

Cut back to 2 rounds of each exercise, or even 1, in your first week back. Then work your way up to the full 3 rounds again the week after. Enjoy!

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Add one new positive habit each day this week. Remove one negative habit. Baby steps, little bets, over time, add up to big success stories.

My hero will give you hope. Read his story here
- http://www.earlytorise.com/my-hero-gives-you-hope/

Stay strong with each step in the right direction,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

No comments: