Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Garage Workouts and Insanity

You want to get more done, boost your metabolism, conquer the world, and man-up?

Here's how to start...

Be crystal clear on what you want to accomplish. Write it out. Plan your day. Outline your work. Control your time. Attack the day.

It's so cold here today on the farm that I have had brain freeze. It was -8 degrees Celcius (17 Farenheit) when I walked ol' Bally the Dog today. He loved it. And I did too...got me in the Christmas spirit...

...which will shift next week when I go to Japan, and then the week after when I go to Florida for Thanksgiving...followed by Mexico for my friend Mike Geary's wedding. I'll be using my Home Workout Revolution program a lot during these travels.

But today I had to warm-up my brain freeze with an awesome heat-producing, metabolism-boosting, workout I did in my garage.

I crushed KB Front Squats until they crushed me, and did pullups, KB Snatches, KB Clean and presses, and heavy KB Swings. Finished with some Power Wheel Rollouts. Speaking of the Power Wheel, I just wrote an article for MH.com on how to use the Power Wheel to build a strong core. You'll love it.

Until then, check out my answer to one of my most common questions received on Facebook..."What's the BEST cardio for fat loss?"

Answer
- http://www.earlytorise.com/the-best-cardio-for-fat-loss-print-this-out/

Another common comment I get on Facebook is this...it exposes a major problem with the Insanity workout. Here's what two readers had to say on my Facebook page:

"I have done Insanity 2 times but I'm 55 and I thought Insanity was doing more damage to me than good and I wanted to try a shorter workout." - Marty Shuttlesworth

and

"I tried Insanity and I thought my knees would never recover." - Elizabeth Phillips

Ouch. The Insanity workouts are best suited for pro athletes, not busy men and women that want to lose fat after a hard day of work.

And don't get me started on the fact that you need a full 45 minutes almost every day of the week to do the workouts.

Those workouts just beat up your knees and shoulders because they have you do TOO much, too fast. There's a better way to get fit and lose fat, and it's my Home Workout Revolution program (no-equipment bodyweight workouts that take less than 20 minutes, three times per week).

"Just Say NO To Cardio"!

Use fat burning, NO-equipment bodyweight workouts instead.

Get all 71 workouts here
- www.HomeWorkoutRevolution.com

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Until you take personal responsibility, you will not move ahead in life. It is the single most important mental shift that you can make. Don’t rationalize your procrastination. Glue your butt to the seat and get to work. Identify 2 solutions for every obstacle in your life. Eliminate the rationalizations & obstacles that stop you from moving ahead.

OK, time to go...coffee shop time is over, time to run some errands, have lunch, and get back to writing. Working on the "ETR Book of the Year" post for you. A book that you and your high-school/college-aged kids need to read...

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: