Friday, November 01, 2013

Good Eating and Workout in Denver

Last night I had a big dinner at The Edge restaurant here in beautiful Denver. I didn't get to eat much all day because of my travels (driving to the airport from the farm and then the 3:40 flight to Denver), so I had a buffalo rib eye, broccoli, and brussel sprouts.

That fueled my 5x5 lifting session at the Denver Athletic Club.
Squats
Box Jumps
RDLs

Followed by 1 set of 15 of Squats, RDLs and barbell rows.

Pretty beat after that...and the time zone change. 

Back on track now.

I foolishly left my Credit Card at the gym today after paying for a week's pass. No one to blame but myself:

“Everything that happens to me – good and bad – is my personal responsibility. I blame no one but myself. These are the choices I’ve made – this is the life I’m living. I will accept the consequences of my actions.” – Craig Ballantyne’s Personal Rule #8, www.earlytorise.com/12-rules

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Every decision you make, every action you take, moves you closer to - OR further from - your goals. Choose wisely. Act accordingly. Know what you want to achieve in life, make a plan, and don't let anything get in the way. Stay strong. Never give up on what is important to you.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Training

2 comments:

Pip said...

Hi Craig
I enjoy reading your emails.
I just wondered, do you pick and choose at random which workout you will do, depending on you situation? It seems you don't follow a 4 week program.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Hi Pip,

NO - I use a 4-week, VERY structured program.

Thanks!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT