Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tampa to Toronto

Had a great quick trip down to Tampa, Florida to visit Joel and Lisa Marion and their supercute baby
girl Lily. My friends Vince Del Monte and his amazing wife Flavia are also down here. Plus, as a super
extra bonus, the kick-butt Powerhouse Gym here in Tampa is the bomb. I honestly may have made
the trip just to train there. And I'm not kidding.

I did a moderately intense upper body workout. That's my last workout for this 4-week workout
phase, and now I'm into a deload/intro week before starting it up again. My bench is improving the
most, followed by deadlifts, and then squats trailing behind. But most importantly, I've been able to
do a great job of rehabbing some nagging injuries I built up from a training experiment gone wrong
back in March and April.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Everything can be reframed in a positive way. Switch from "don't be late" to "Be on time". You get
what you focus on. Put only positive expectations on the people you manage (kids, employees, etc.).

Life's easy when you live it the hard way…and hard if you try to live it the easy way. – Kekich #4…
Short term pain from discipline equals long-term gain from progress. Long-term pain comes from
lacking short-term discipline.

And today's Independence Tip:
Failure or refusal to think accurately about self, market, customers, economics, staff, and every other
darned thing is THE chief cause of ALL failure – personal, professional, financial, relationship.
Aspirations and ambitions detached from accurate thinking and facts and realistic expectations lead
only to frustration and failure. – Dan Kennedy

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: