Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dinners and workouts on the road

Been having some great dinners on the road this week. Perlas and Sullivan's Steakhouse on Thursday.
Then a late Friday night dinner in Austin - surprisingly went with indian food...i think it was called
Little India. It was great.

On Saturday morning I had an early flight to Miami to spend time with my friend Matt from
www.facebook.com/thenewearlyto​rise and his family. His kids (aged 3 and 5) are adorable.

We went to the Setai Hotel for dinner. The chicken satay and spring roll appetizers were great. I had
organic salmon for my main course - which was fantastic.

Now I'm off to hit Gold's Gym for a Miami Meathead upper body workout, then flying back to Toronto
today. Yesterday was the most inactive I've been in over a year. All I did was walk from gate to gate
in the Austin and Atlanta airport. No dog walks, no lifting, no bike rides - should be well rested for
my workouts this week. Legs are a little stiff from Friday's squat workout still.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips
If you fall "off the wagon", cut your losses, don't worry about it, and get right back on track.
Immediately. It's minor damage that can be dealt with.

"Know where you're going: Create a personal vision or mission statement." - Frank McKinney

"The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best." -
Epictetus

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: