Thursday, July 21, 2011

The big news

So the big news in my world is that my business partner, Matt Smith, and I recently worked out a deal
to take control of a website called, www.EarlyToRise.com. This website has been extremely influential
in my life, and we look forward to continuing the tradition of bringing readers amazing content.

My first article for the site is:

"12 Rules I Live By"

Check them out and add yours here:

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/201​1/07/20/12-rules/

To me, #8 is probably the most important of them all...it could stand alone.

Of course, adding another business to my life means I'll have to step up my time management. Time
is your most important asset.

So today's Kickbutt Mindset tip is:
Be firm with your time. A 10 minute phone call should not become a 30 minute conversation. Set
boundaries from the outset, and stick to them. It might upset a few people, but it will likely get
respect from a lot more who realize how valuable your time is worth. Do not hesitate to be ruthless
with your time...it's your life.

The above article was also written with the purpose of building a connection with the readers. After
all, as I mentioned yesterday, people won't listen to you until they know you. So I opened up and held
nothing back.

Once people know and like you, they will trust you. All things being equal, folks choose to do
business with their friends.

So today's www.InternetIndependence.com tip is:
Never underestimate the opposition to purchasing your product. Make sure you overcome every
objection and every last bit of skepticism. Remember...you're probably trying to sell something to a
complete stranger over the internet...think about that for a long time when you're creating your
website and offer. That's a big hill to climb. Work accordingly.

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

1 comment:

Steve Tucker said...

Holy crap! That's awesome Craig! Congratulations and good luck with the new venture. I'm sure it will take your business to new levels.