Saturday, July 30, 2011

3 ways to rehab your body

While down in Austin, Texas last week I had dinner with my friend John and his wife at a great
seafood and oyster restaurant called Perlas. It was a great atmosphere, and the staff were incredibly
friendly. The food, including the mussels, red snapper, and grouper were really good too.

As we caught up, John told me about how he and his wife were planning to do one of those 10-mile
"Tough Mudder" runs, but training had been leaving them plenty sore.

So I gave them the following 3 resources, and wanted to share them with you too - and they are free.

I've used them all (obviously), and my chronic injury and pain level has been lower than anytime
during the past 5 years - despite training a lot with heavy weights.

Enjoy, and yes, you CAN overcome pain and soreness at any age.

1) Check out this video of how to do foam rolling to beat muscle soreness:

=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2KS-wnfAag

2) Read my old-man warmup that i do before each workout

=> http://www.ttfatloss.com/workouts/off-day-workouts/

3) If you suffer from any type of back, neck, or sciatic pain, this free book will help you:

=> http://tinyurl.com/avoidbackpain

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Craig - I've found that when I work out earlier in the morning, I am more likely to strain my neck where it bridges with the back of my head. Typically this happens with shoulder presses or pullups. Any recommendations for loosening up these muscles before lifting?