Monday, July 25, 2011

Meathead Monday Bench Press Goal

Today's meathead workout was good times. Left me with quite the old pumped up arms and shoulders. The order went like this, underhand pulldown, bench, db chest supported row,
db incline press, face pull, triceps.

My goal for today's top set of bench presses was 200x11, but I only hit 10 reps. Still that is an improvement on my previous program and I'm going in the right direction, with shoulders getting stronger and having less issues with the rotator cuff muscles on my left side.

And I have my "old man warm-up" to thank for that.

My current 1RM estimation for the bench press is around 275 pounds, a long way from my personal best of an actual 310lbs bench in 2006, but I'm working my way back up.

Share your goals with the RIGHT people - the ones who will encourage you, motivate you, and connect you with others who will move you forward towards your goals and dreams. And constantly take action - one step (baby or giant, doesn't matter) every day closer to your goals and dreams.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip from a reader of www.EarlyToRise.com

"Look first to yourself for answers. Determine what it is you want to accomplish. Based on your decision, create a vision to which you can bring the energy and determination to give it life during the time given to you. That will be your best opportunity to contribute effectively to the world." – Jim Tallman, ETR reader

Just added a new FB page for my new business

=> http://www.facebook.com/TheNew​EarlyToRise

Today's Independence Tips:
Deadlines = Speed of implementation = Attraction of the right people that will help you reach your goals

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Turbulence Training Certification

No comments: