Friday, July 08, 2011

Rugged Outdoor Driving and Workout

So I haven't owned a car in 6 months, but I rented a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee this weekend. Pretty fun to drive. And keeping in the rugged spirit, I'm going to train outside with kettlebells today.

I can substitute all of my dumbell work with KB's and a TRX. No Barbells required today. Just doing presses, rows, pushups, dips, and pullups. Good times. A great Friday workout. Only thing missing is the lake, but I must do some work this afternoon.

Here's a great weekend workout challenge for you.

The Romanz and I are working on a new bodyweight challenge...but until it is done, you'll have to try this...the Romanz 500.

=> 500 Bodyweight Challenge

Today's Training Resource: Fitness Friday QnA #3

Weekly TT Fitness QnA plus random Me vs Terrell Owens story

=> Terrell Owens and Resistance Bands

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
We cannot control what others do or say, but we have total control over our behaviors and internal state. We don't have to be angry, bitter or jealous. We have a choice.

Double shot:
"Never waste time on the things you can't change or the opinions other people have of you" - Rachel Ray <=== My mom's favorite person in the whole world, I think, after my dog.

Today's Independence Tip:
Encourage someone's dreams today and give them hope. Add value to someone's life.

Remember the old Zig Ziglar saying, "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
www.TurbulenceTrainingCertification.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this isn't about the post - the last podcast in the itunes store is from 5/13? why no updates?

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

I stopped. Ran out of time in my work week, sorry.