Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Make Your Workout Important

"When people make their workouts important, everything shifts." - Josh Hillis

Truth.

So what helped YOU make the shift to being consistent and getting results?

I started training in high school, and for 3 years nothing got in the way of workouts...at my peak I was benching 225 at 170 pounds at age 18. No world record, but pretty good for an average kid.

But then I started college, and for the first 4 months I got lazy.

I blamed the pathetic university gym, my busy schedule (yeah, right), and the fact that I was playing sports instead (once or twice per week).

When I went home for Christmas break I got disgusted with myself, and vowed to get back on track right away. I started with a bodyweight workout that day at home, and I've been serious ever since.

So what about you? What made you "stick"? Or what's stopping you?

Today's workout:

1A) Depth Jumps
1B) Pistols

2) Full Squats (175x2x20) with 3 minutes rest between sets

3A) DB Stepups
3B) Glute Ham Raise

Then I made this blender drink:

2 cups almond milk (unsweetened), frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 1 spoonful natural peanut butter, 1 scoop prograde vanilla protein.

What was your workout/blender drink today?

Couple of video resources for you today...been making videos about the most popular questions I get...here's one aboot "How much weight you should use"

=> How Much Weight to Use For Fat Loss Workouts

And on the minimal space, minimal equipment theme...Here's a 4-week kettlebell-bodyweight workout from Chris Lopez

=> Kettlebell Training - 4-Week Kettlebells Workout

Stay strong and STICK with it,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

1 comment:

Susan@Home Workouts said...

Workout today was foam rolling, mobility exercises, and some ham and back work. It's a nice sunny day here in upstate NY so I also took the pup for a walk.