Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Turbulence Training, a near 6-minute mile, and the 1000 Calorie Cardio Shocker

Yesterday I hit the gym and played around with a few exercises and superset combinations for the April "Awesome Abs" program.
 
At the end of the workout, I said, "What the heck, let's see how fast I can run a mile."
 
My result? 6:08.
Not bad for a guy who hasn't done "cardio" in 10 years!
 
Just goes to show you that you can stay fit without long, slow boring cardio...as long as you are doing Turbulence Training.
 
I also noticed that even though I ran a mile as fast as I could, I barely burned 100 calories in 6 minutes (360 seconds).
 
On the other hand, it's so easy to consume 1000 calories in less than 1000 seconds.
 
So you can't depend on cardio for fat loss. It's all about diet and Turbulence Training.
 
 
Get more results in less time with TT,
 
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
 
PS - Big News!
 
...that Turbulence Training is now available in German!
 
Körperfett abbauen und Muskelmasse schaffen mit dem Turbulence Training!
 
Ha!
 
The site looks hilarious in German...especially the line about "sein Hund Bally".
 
Check out this site and share it with your German-speaking friends around the world...
 

4 comments:

J. Ortiz said...

Hey Craig...big fan of yours. I'm a CSCS, but more importantly a progressive trainer. Fitness and dogs are my passion so I love how you include Bally. One of my dogs and I do a fitness routine together and if I knew how to youtube it, I would. Anyway, please be careful with giving Bally avocado. I am not 100 percent sure and will check with an excellent source on the subject, but I have heard avocado is not one of the foods you want to share with dogs. These two comments are from internet sources 1)The fruit, pit and plant are all toxic. They can cause difficulty breathing and fluid accumulation in the chest, abdomen and heart. 2)Avocadoes are toxic to many animals. The offensive chemical damages heart, lung, and other essential tissues. Be aware since guacamole's main ingredient is avocado, that you keep any such dips well out of your dog's reach.

Just concerned for Bally. I do not doubt that you are an excellent guardian for him!

J. Ortiz said...

Sorry. This post should be with your "6 Meals Per Day vs. Fasting for Fat Loss" where you mention giving Bally avocado.

Anonymous said...

you have to get your german translation fixed... I'm german and the text on the page really sounds WEIRD to me

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

I once called poison control about the avocado and the doctor just laughed at me. She feeds her dogs avocado all the time.

Will work on improving the German, thank you. What parts are weird?