Friday, February 27, 2009
7-Day Diet Plan for Fat Loss
Lots of exciting stuff in this week's 7-Day Diet Plan for Fat Loss. We're going to cover the latest diet study (with hidden messages), cool TT2K9 workouts, the 3 foods you can't eat, the truth about Starbucks and red bulls, and a link to me flexing my guns...
Allright, lets get started helping you burn fat!
If you want to listen to the TT podcast, here's the link.
So the latest diet study came out, and the researchers are saying...
"It doesn't matter what type of diet you use...they all work."
Okay, cool...but there are two more important hidden lessons the researchers gave us...
1) You simply need to find the right diet for your personality...it could be 6 meals per day or Brad Pilon's Fasting Program. Just choose whatever you can stick to...
2) Social support determines your success! The study found that the more often a subject attended counseling sessions, the greater their success. So don't try and do this on your own. Get help. Hang out with friends who will support you.
Now to review Workout A of TT2K9
1A) DB Chest Press (8)
1B) DB Row (12)
2A) Chin-up (6)
2B) KB 1-Arm Shoulder Press(8)
3A) Decline Close-Grip Pushup (15)
3B) Inverted Row (15)
4A) KB 1-Arm Swings (30s/side)
4B) Run in Place (30 seconds)
Do something fun for your 30 minutes activity...heck, you could laugh 30 minutes straight at these pictures of me flexing in my living room...
=> Click here to see my results with Turbulence Training for Life
Now for the TT Workout B 2K9. Another classic lower body-abs session.
1A) DB Split Squat (8)
1B) Stability Ball Rollout (8)
2A) DB RDL (10)
2B) X-Body Mountain Climber (10)
3A) KB or DB Swings (45 secs)
3B) Stability Ball Jackknife (15)
Interval Workout #1
That's a cool program...and so is my latest workout.
1A) Rtr Cuff Warmup
1B) Narrow Squat (3 RM)
2A) Military Press
3A) DB Bulgarian Split Squat
Another day of 30 minutes of fun, easy activity. But more importantly, the 3 foods you must NOT eat if you want to lose fat.
1) Processed foods from a bag or a box. For example, avoid breakfast cereal - some give you the same amount of sugar as you get from a can of Coke!
2) Carbohydrate snacks (Seriously, who has ever been satisfied by a granola bar? No one! They just make you want more!)
3) Liquid calories - But you already knew that, right? Well if so, why are you still sucking back all that sugar each morning with a glass of OJ?
Let's take a look at TT 2K9 Workout C...It's the "so-famous-its-infamous" 10x10 Dumbbell Complex.
1) DB Bulgarian Split Squat
2) DB Shoulder Press
3) DB Step-up
4) DB Chest Press
5) DB Row
6) DB Lunge
7) DB Swing
8) DB Shrug
9) DB Incline Press
10) DB Squat
Time for Social Support Saturdays.
If you skipped the 10x10 but want a challenge to do with a friend, check out the latest 300 workout version I filmed.
Click here for a home gym 300
Take a couple of hours to plan, shop, & prepare. Wash everything, cook up some stuff, make some chili or stew. Get prepared.
And now for the truth about caffeine...on the call, I reveal that a Grande Starbucks contains 330 mg of caffeine...that's equal to MORE than 4 Red Bulls. C'mon! Do you need that? I don't want to hear you "crashing" on a caffeine come-down. So keep your intake low...remember - caffeine is a drug!
• More transformation tips
• March Madness Circuits
• Diet tips
Now go burn some fat this week,
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
PS - Looking for one of my old Turbulence Training Workouts?
You can now pick and choose and take home your favorite Turbulence
Training workouts for less than 10 bucks.
Check out the Turbulence Training archives here:
=> Click here to browse the Turbulence Training Library - its loaded!