Here are the 10 best ab exercises that you can do without cables, ab crunches, or sit-ups. You don't need any fancy ab exercise infomercial gadgets and you won't get a pain in the neck from doing these exercises (like you do when you perform hundreds of crunches and sit-ups).
These abdominal exercises require little equipment. It's mostly just a stability ball and your bodyweight that is necessary, although you'll be surprised by one abdominal exercise in the mix that requires dumbbells. These exercises are intermediate and advanced, and can easily be put into short workouts (like the 6 minute abs workout).
So here they are...the top 10 ab exercises that you can do with almost no equipment...and none of them require dreaded crunches!
1. Plank with your arms on the Ball (30% more effective than plain ol' planks, according to Men's Health magazine)
2. Ball Rollouts (probably my favorite ball ab exercise)
3. Hanging Knee Raises (classic exercise that most folks do wrong...but if done right, will work your abs safely and effectively)
4. DB Renegade Row (this is the biggest surprise on the list...but it works your lower obliques incredibly hard)
5. Ball Jackknife (always a tough one for beginners to get the hang of...but when they do, they get a lot of six pack ab benefits)
6. Ball Jackknife Rotation (a tougher version of the jackknife)
7. Ball Jackknife-Pushup Combo
8. X-Body Mountain Climber (one of my favorites...so simple yet so effective)
9. X-Body Mountain Climber with Hands on Ball
10. X-Body Mountain Climber with Feet on Ball (an even more effective version of the regular X-Body mountain climber)
All of those exercises are in the programs at:
More top ten exercise lists coming soon,
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
PS - I've added a BIG NEW free bonus to the Turbulence Training for Abs package...
...Not only do you get the workouts, the nutrition bonus from Isabel De Los Rios (with meal plans!), my motivation secrets, and 3 free months in the TT membership, but you also get the January and February TT Workouts of the Month.
Plus, you'll save 25% when you get started before the end of Friday.