Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Blizzard and Deadlift Workout Update

The Great Blizzard of 2011 seems to have passed over southeast Toronto with only a few inches of snow out there, so far. A light dusting.

Anyone get snowed-in? Remember to shovel safe, and don't round your back. Get your power from your hips. Of course, when in doubt, get someone else to do it!

My deadlift workout today:

1) Power Cleans

2) Sumo Deadlifts

3A) Rack Pulls
3B) Ab Wheel

Went a little too heavy on the power cleans...I put them in only for warm-up...so I need to drop the weight because the deadlift is the focus of this workout. I think that was the last workout for this phase. On to a new 4 week program next week.

I also did a big warmup before, some stretching after, and used the acuball before and after. Fortunately, I don't have to do any shoveling of the snowz.

Also, because my dog is not in town with me (he's getting the royal treatment at my Mom's for the weekend), I'm going to do something I usually don't do, and spend the afternoon working at a coffee shop.

I plan on some creative brainstorming vision exercises, and find these are best done outside of the regular work environment. But all serious writing gets done at home. More details on time management for maximum productivity here:

=> No-BS Time Management & Productivity Tips

Today's kickbutt mindset tip:

Build others up, it will only make you more successful. If you don't have social support, take charge as the leader. Be confident in your choices. People will respect your decisions, even if it seems at first that they don't. Eventually, a lot of people will come to you for advice and support. You are the one making the right decision. Never forget that.

Enjoy the snow or sun or whatever you get today,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
www.TurbulenceTraining.com

1 comment:

three day melt said...

Thanks for your blizzard and deadlift workout update. I appreciate your reminders about some safe ways to shovel the snow.