Friday, December 23, 2016

Craig vs Denver Potheads

Funny thing. I can't stand leaving my house and going to the gym.

I paced around, dicking around, for 30 minutes before I finally got myself "mentally prepared" for the 7 minute drive to the gym.

That drive kills me... and I dislike warming up at the gym, anxious because I'm not sure if the squat rack will be empty when I'm ready to use it.

That's why I'm treating myself to a new olympic bar, 400 pounds of bumper plates, and some other gear next week.

Enough of this...

But eventually I did make it to the gym for a good workout. It all went smooth, and I need to relax. I know!

Today's session went like this...

1A) Deadlift 2 heavy overhand warmup sets and 3 sets of 315 (mixed grip)
1B) Box Jump 5 sets of 6

2A) Leg Curl
2B) Overhead Shrug

3) 4-minute run at 9mph and 1% incline

While I was training I thought about my 28th Transformation Entry. Here are a couple of things I'm going to do...
  • Drink 4 liters of water / tea each day
  • Hardcore NO swearing of any kind ... Now I just need a PUNISHMENT for every curse word... $100 to one of the "homeless" pothead panhandlers in downtown Denver for each swear? That would bother me enough...
  • No plastic water bottles as long as I'm in North America (I have 14 days in Central/South America that I won't worry about)
Not sure what else I'll do... but that's a start for now...

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Ask yourself these questions from Tony Robbins: "Who are you? What are you made of? What are you after? What's preventing you from getting it? Where are your wounds? What are you most proud of?"

...and then...

"Work harder on yourself than anybody else. Constantly find a way to add more value." – Jim Rohn

Merry Christmas,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Until then...


Get your free copy of the Perfect Day Formula audiobook & my holiday message

No comments: