Thursday, October 21, 2010

3:30 am Workout - Burning Calories




Grrr...I already hated the 1000 Calorie Challenge because it was theBEST idea that I didn't think of...and now I hate them because I just did the Phase 1, Week 4, Workout C program - at 3:31am!

(There's a photo of me starting my warmup at 3:32am, and the workout chart after I finished my warm-up at 3:42am. Workout finished just before 5am.)

You'll find that on page 15 of the workout log-sheets here:

=> 1000 Calorie Challenge Workouts <== CB approved

That's right, for the first (and hopefully last) time ever, I got up at 3:17am to workout. (I have a 9am flight to Denver on my way to Arizona today...more about that adventure in a second.)

It was weird walking down the street to the gym in the middle of the night, and I haven't got that much exercise at 4 in the morning since I was 20 years old, but at least the gym was empty.
Even though my hands are still trembling, I'm still sweating, and it's hard to type, I'm really glad I did the workout. Plus, the radio station (102.1) plays much better music at 4am than 10am.

My three favorite exercises of the workout were:

- Modified Burpees in the warm-up (page 11 of the Exercise Database)

- Jump Lunge - both hands overhead (page 35)

- Reverse Goblet Lunge (page 42)

Although I wish these exercises would have been in the workout:

- Bottom Press (page 38)

- Wall Squat Hold (page 26) - hurts so good, right?

- Forward Lunge & Press (page 27)

- Frog Jump (page 34)

- Y-Press (page 56)

- Spiderman Plank (page 61)

All of those are wicked fun, too, and I look forward to "borrowing" those moves for future TT workouts...and of course trying themin the other phases of the 1000 Calorie Challenge.

=> 1000 Calorie Challenge Workouts <== 4am approved

Oh, and here's a...NOTE for Beginners:

By the way, Joel, Arnel, and John Romaniello are filming a brand newset of videos showing beginner versions of each exercise PLUS resistance band versions of the exercises.

Ok, off to the airport now to fly to Arizona...where I'll be learning how to shoot guns and drive cars really fast around roadblocks - all part of my Turbulence spy training. I'll tell you - as much as I can - about that next week.

Burn those calories anytime of day,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Creator, TT Bodyweight Cardio 1000 Workout

No comments: