Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meatheads IV Review


Ready for another Meatheads workout?

Click here to listen to the coaching call

or

Click here to read the workouts & see some exercise videos

In this week's call, you'll discover...

- The highlights from trip to Europe
- The latest and greatest TT Meatheads "Get Lean & Jacked" Workout
- Two crazy kettlebell circuits
- My latest blender drink ingredients
- The truth about water and your body transformation program (does it really help?)
- The secrets of building a corporate fitness bootcamp
- The one thing you MUST have if you want to succeed

All that and more in this week's coaching info,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - Don't miss your chance to vote on the winners of the 5th Transformation Contest and...

...all the details to get started on your body transformation in the 6th Turbulence Training Transformation contest

Click here for transformation contest details

And I can't wait to hear about your success!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a hard time with Chin-ups and Pull-ups. I've have been doing TT style workouts since the first Men's Health Belly-off program and really like them. I'm in my early 40s and a technology executive (ie lots of desk/computer time) so I depend on these workouts to stay healthy.

I have no problems with all the push-ups and squats and can even do handstand pushups so I'm kind of surprised at how hard the chin-ups are. Do I just need to work harder or could it be I'm just hitting an age where 3 sets of 10 chin-ups aren't going to happen?

If the latter, should I just sub in rows or is doing as little as 3 sets of 4 chin-ups still worth while?

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Hey!

Chinups and pullups are definitely harder than pushups.

Do you know your body fat? If it is still high (>18%) the problem will be that you are lifting a lot of dead weight...and simply losing fat will help, big time.

Also, you can use eccentrics (slow lowering phases) to build strength.

So in one workout per week, get a boost to the top of the bar and lower for 6-8 seconds. Do that for 3 sets of 4 reps and you'll get stronger.

Craig

Alex said...

Hey Craig! I was wondering what your thoughts were on something I ran across on the internet this weekend; a program called INSANITY by a guy named Shaun T...it looks pretty nuts. The before/after photos are particularly impressive; I'd say they look fake almost, but I've seen TT transformation photos look just as astounding! Think interval training can be turned on its head like this? I love your bodyweight circuits and was wondering how this stacked up...

http://bit.ly/B4QhN