Monday, August 10, 2009

Hot Summer Day's Workout & Motivation


Last night was probably the most spectacular lightening storm I had ever watched in my life. It went on for over 2 hours, and at times it felt like the bolts were just outside my window. Click here for some videos


At one point, around 10:30pm, the lightening was running horizontal to the earth, and looked like giant electric fingers crossing the sky...incredible.


The storm was partly due to the heat we're now getting...the heat we hadn't had all summer. And frankly, I don't like heat and humidity. Room temperature is hot enough for me. But it does make for an extra level of intensity in your workout when the dungeoun gym is 90 degrees.


So the heat went perfect with squats...


1) Vertical Jumps - 3x6


2) Squats - 3x5 with 315. Feeling a lot stronger in the last 2 weeks...Finished with a set of 265 for 8


3) Barbell Lunge


4A) Back Extension
4B) Cable Abs


45 minute workout.


After workout blender drink: 3 cups almond milk, frozen strawberries, 1 banana, spinach, peanut butter, almonds, seasame seeds.


And then I posted a "call for inspiration" on my facebook page here


I have a few folks emailing me who are struggling with their motivation.


Do you have any inspiring tips?


My tip to them is: Try something different for a week. Take a break from your regular workout, stay active, exercise with a friend, give any sore muscles a break, and refresh your mind, then come back strong next week. And you?


Let me know your tips,


Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS


PS - I finished the workout with a stretch...


...that Jay Ferruggia talks about in his interview here:


www.TTFatLoss.com


No comments: