Friday, December 26, 2008

First Workout of New Program

I started the day with some shopping. Yep, 8:04am I was the 5th person into a local location of a big box TV shop where I bought a big box. The deal was so good I couldnt resist.

After I went to the local YMCA to start a new program. Upper body with a focus on more upper back and strengthening my rotator cuff muscles, particularly on my right side.

The gym was filled with folks on the cardio confessionals, under the mistaken belief that 40 minutes on a treadmill or elliptical machine would undo the thousands of extra calories they ate yesterday. But the truth is the time on the cardio confessional won't even make a dent in yesterday's discretions. It's backwards thinking...more on that later.

My workout...

Warm-up Superset
Cable External Rotations (2x10)
Pushups (2x12)

1A) Bench Press (2 easy sets, 1x5)
1B) Face Pulls (3x15)

2A) DB Chest Press (4x8)
2B) BB Row (4x10)

3A) DB Incline (2x12)
3B) Underhand Inverted Row (2x15)

4A) EZ Bar Triceps Extension (4x10)
4B) Cable External Rotations (3x12)

That was fun, and it went a lot faster than you might think. Very little rest between supersets. Also, first workout of a new phase, so I wasn't pushing it too hard.

We'll get a little more serious next time. Also, I've gone back to a 3-day weights program for the next 4 weeks. Put this one together with some tips from Jay Ferruggia

Just say NO to the cardio confessional,

Craig

No comments: