Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update


What a difference 100 miles makes...in Toronto, there's a little bit of snow (uncommon for this time of year), but in Stratford, only 100 miles away, there must be a foot of snow on the ground...but Bally The Dog loves it!


We left the big city on Friday and drove through a bit of a storm to get out to the country. Saturday morning I got up early and did a squat workout, the one I normally do on Sunday. I had a busy day planned and didn't expect to get to the gym on Sunday...


So Saturday's workout - which was OK, but not great - went like this...


1) Power Clean - 180x3


2) Squat - 295x2x8


3A) RDL - 245x3x6
3B) Calf Raise - 3x12

4A) Back Extension - 2x10
4B) DB Shrug - 2x10


Also did a big hike through the snow with the dog, and then did a bunch of work, including working on the December Medicine Ball Workout of the Month (coming soon to www.TTMembers.com) as well as writing new articles for www.TurbulenceTraining.com.


Had some big plans for Saturday night, but they got cancelled, so I decided what the heck, I'll train on Sunday and take Monday off, so I hit the gym this morning for a great upper body workout.


1) Overhead Squat - 125x5


2A) Incline BB Press - 175x3x5
2B) BB Row - 215x6,5, 205x8


3A) Military Press - 135x3x6
3B) Pullups - 11,9,7


4A) DB Rear Delt Raise - 2x12
4B) Face Pull - 3x12
4C) DB Curl - 2x8


My shoulders are fatigued. Tomorrow I'll do a lot of stretching and maybe some medicine ball exercises at home. One more dog hike today in the snow and then a quick drive back to the city since the sun is out. Cold, but clear, and I love this time of year.


Already done most of my Christmas shopping too,


Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Click here to get Turbulence Training & give the gift of fat burning to a friend


2 comments:

Crystal said...

Bally looks like he's lovin' it!!!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

He's totally loving it!