Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How to Stick to Your Diet Tips

On the weekend, I met up with some friends for lunch, and they wanted to go to a local pub - known for it's amazing french fries and other "pub grub".

I was tempted to reward myself, but I already had my weekly reward meals planned out, so I had to stick to my diet. I had a grilled chicken breast sandwich with a side salad. My friends had burgers and fries, and everyone went home happy.

It was really all about the friends, and not the food. Now I could have cheated, of course, and no one would have known.

But there's one tool that helps me stick to my diet, and that is social support and public accountability. I use a free web site
called twitter, where I tell the world what I had for every meal.

And since I'm an expert that folks look to for help, I have an incentive not to cheat. You can follow me and my meals and workouts here:

=> Click here to follow Craig's diet and workouts

I also asked diet expert, Isabel De Los Rios for her best "how to stick to your diet tips". Here they are...

1. Choose exactly which "nutrition plan" you are going to follow.

Don't be wishy washy about it. Find the plan that you feel is best for you and stick to it for 14 days. After your first 14 days,
assess what worked and what didn't work. Continue to do this every 14 days until you reach your fat loss goal.

2. At any given moment when choosing to stick to your plan or deviate from it, ask yourself "Is this choice going to bring me closer to the goal or further away from the goal?"  

If the answer is further, ask yourself if 5 or 10 mins of eating pleasure is better than a lifetime of feeling great in your lean
and toned body.

3. Get a support team.  

Find other people who have similar goals and keep eachother on track. Find someone who will keep you accountable and will kick your butt when needed, not someone who will wimp out on you and tell you "Oh, its ok just this once."

Next week, Isabel is going to give us tips on how to eat right while dining out, and quick meals for after work.

In the meantime, I have a BIG gift for you today from Isabel...

She's giving away 6-weeks of the best free diet meal plans to help you jump-start your fat loss!

If you are struggling with your fat loss, I guarantee it has something to do with your diet.

Grab Isabel's free meal plans and change your life and your diet forever. It is EASY to eat Isabel's way. I've been doing it for
years, and my diet gets better and better each time I talk to Isabel and take her advice.

=> Click here for FREE mealplans

More diet and motivation tips coming later this week,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Just Say NO to Cardio

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just accros from your blog and I thought I would have to leave my first comment after reading your great article, from your article I got nice diet information.
Phentermine