Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday Meatheads Workout

Today's TT for Meatheads workout was a lot of fun. In fact, I was going to add some 3-minute arms on at the end, but these upper body exercises did more than enough for my arms on their own. However, true to my inner meathead, I still snuck in 2 sets of triceps at the end. My arms felt like they did a 30-minute arm workout by the end though.

I modified the workout a little bit from last time...

1A) Bench Press - worked up to 270x1
1B) DB Rear-Deltoid Raise - 20x12, 22.5x12

2A) DB Incline Press - 80x8, 80x5
2B) Seated Row - 195x10, 8, 8

3A) Chinups - 12, 8, 6
3B) DB Tri Ext - 40x8, 35x8

Arms were feeling pumped. Good times, lots of fun. About 45 minutes, because I warmup a lot for bench press. If you were pressed for time, just doing the 2nd superset would make for a great, relatively balanced, 10-minute upper body workout (including a thorough warm-up).

Get stronger,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Click Here for More Fast Workouts

1 comment:

zevenesh said...

CB, you're a strong beast brother, I love it! let's see more workouts you meathead!

--z--