Friday, September 19, 2008

Meatheads Workout in Stamford, Connecticut

Whew! Just got back from the gym here on a beautiful day in Stamford, CT. I trained with two of my Canadian buddies, Vince DelMonte and Chris Lopez.
 
We're in Stamford for a trainers seminar. By the way, if you're a trainer, make sure you visit my site for improving your business here: For Serious Personal Trainers Only
 
(I'm doing a seminar for trainers in the UK on Oct. 24th, so drop me a line if you want more info).
 
Back to the workout...
 
Chris and I did workout D from TT for Meatheads, while Vince did his own impressive total body workout that I'll tell you about below. Here are my numbers...
 
1A) Military Press - 8 reps using 135
1B) Pullups - 13, 9, 8
 
We did 3 supersets of that, and then moved to 3 supersets of...
 
2A) Barbell Curl - 8 reps using 95 pounds
2B) DB Triceps Extensions - 8 reps using 40 pound dumbbells
 
Then we did "3-minute arms, using the 5x5 system".
 
3A) DB Incline Curl - 30 pounds
3B) EZ Bar Triceps Extensions - 80 pounds
 
That's it for Workout D of the TT for Meatheads, but we decided to do a little extra...
 
4) High Rep Deadlifts with 135 pounds - 21, 17, 12
 
5A) Ab Wheel - 2x8
5B) Face Pull with Rope on Cable Stack - 2x10
 
Chris is used to shorter workouts of only 15-20 minutes total because he is a father of 4. Check out his site for Busy Dads at:
=> The World's Busiest Dad & His Workouts!

Alright, so what did Vince do?

A really impressive total body workout, to be honest.

1A) Deadlifts
1B) DB Chest Presses

2A) Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
2B) Seated Rows

3A) Cable Abs
3B) Cable Chops

Like I said, I was very impressed by his "Vintensity" in the gym. He trained like an animal. I have even more respect for his training smarts and programs now. If you want to build muscle, grab his "No-Nonsense Muscle Building Workouts" here:

My arms are still a little shakey,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

No comments: