Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Race Car Workout - 158.9 miles per hour

So on Wednesday, my friend arranged for a group of us to hit the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and attend the Mario Andretti Racing School. This meant we got to drive Formula 1 Race Cars for 20 laps around a real Nascar track.

Of course, there was a wager on who could go the fastest...unfortunately, I was last in line to get my chance on the track, and after waiting around for 4 hours, it was finally my turn to get behind the wheel.

And so i hit 158.9 miles per hour in my 18th lap...good enough for 3rd best top speed in our group. That's 254km/h for folks back home.

But of course, now I'm just pissed because:

a) I didn't win the fastest lap time.

b) I left 1.1 mph out on the track. I just KNOW that I could have hit 160mph. I know it.

But overall it was definitely something I don't get to do everyday.

And my last couple of laps were something to remember...driving along, the only 2 cars left on the track, with US Air Force Planes flying overhead (its near a military base), and the sun setting a bright orange over the track, and me trying to get as close to the wall without hitting it...all made for a good time.

After driving, I hit the well-stocked hotel gym for a fast hotel workout:

1) 1-Arm Standing DB Shoulder Press (3x6 @ 70lbs)

2) Weighted Pullups (4x6)

3) DB Lunges (3x6 @ 80lbs)

Missed a milestone by one stupid mile per hour,

CB
Best Fat Loss Workouts

No comments: