Monday, September 22, 2014

701 reps plus deadlifts

It's almost time to hit the road again. I've been home for a week, after all, and I really miss the airport line-ups, security, and hanging out with strangers for a few hours in a long metal tube. ;)

Tomorrow is my last day on the farm and then I'm off to Toronto. On Thursday I head to Tampa to visit my friend Joel Marion. We are working on a new secret project and I have some great new metabolic garage gym workouts that I need to deliver. It's not the same when you just send the workouts in the mail, you know. It's much better to deliver them in person!

I can't wait to see the massive Marion clan (his wife, kids, in-laws...it makes for some great 15 people dinners). I'll be back there in November for my second American Thanksgiving before heading to Denver for our 3rd annual Toys for Tots celebration. This is the biggest deal of the year for me. You can read more about it here:
- http://www.earlytorise.com/how-you-helped-santa-save-christmas/

This morning it was off to the gym for a barbell workout. I slept poorly on Saturday night but this morning I was well rested. Unfortunately I ate too much before the workout of heavy deadlifts. By the time it ended I was okay, and was able to finish with some burpees.

Warmup of squats and pushups and rows

1A) Trap Bar Deadlift
1B) Box Jump

2A) DB Chest Press
2B) Pullups
2C) Leg Curls

3A) Burpees
3B) Pushups
3C) Rows

Total Reps added to 33,333 = 701

Squats - 300
Pushups - 225
Burpees - 75
Pullups - 61
Rows - 40

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:

Step-Up. Commit to fixing the big obstacles in your life today. You can't be satisfied with mediocrity when excellence is within your reach. Make the call, do the work, pay the price.
 
Identify the biggest temptations and vices in your days that suck time and energy from your life. First, make a plan to remove them. Second, come up with two solutions for each if they cannot be eliminated. Third, get accountability from a friend to help you overcome the situations in life where the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Stay strong.

Never give up on what is important to YOU!


Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

***

12 week cumulative total:

15,000 Bodyweight Squats
  • 6985
10,000 Pushups
  • 4302
3,000 Bodyweight Rows
  • 1488
2,000 Pullups
  • 298
1,500 Burpees
  • 604
1,500 Chinups
  • 495
333 Handstand Pushups
  • 120
= 14,182/33,333 reps

No comments: