Friday, September 12, 2014

500 reps and 1000 calories in Vegas Day 2

Last night my buddy Jason Ferruggia arrived into Vegas. So he, Bedros, and myself went to Jean Georges Steakhouse in Aria. It's a great restaurant, but never busy, because I don't think anyone knows it is there. It's hidden up on Level 2 of Aria. The restaurants beside are always empty, too.

But...

The food is great. Big B went with the Armenian-Moscow-Mule-Pretzel-Bread approach to eating 1000 calories before dinner. The man loves his big dinners. As do I. We ordered a couple of shrimp appetizers (surprisingly, bacon-wrapped shrimp tastes good!), a tuna tartar, and some greens. Then some steaks for them while I had sea bass, and an oddly salt-crusted baked potato. Sides of spinach, brussel sprouts, and bone marrow also hit the scene...but I skipped the bone marrow.

That meal powered my morning Bodyweight Pull Session. Total reps covered for the 33,333 rep challenge were:

500 reps

225 squats
131 pushups
52 pullups
48 chinups
32 bodyweight rows
12 handstand pushups

Good times.

Here are a couple of photos from Gordon Ramsay Steak:
seafood mustacheRamsay steak
The amazing meat cart

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
You have no valid excuse for not taking action. It's time to step up and leave your comfort zone. Quit hiding. The world needs the BIG you.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: