Thursday, July 26, 2012

Postcard from Europe

I have no idea how to use instagram, but I posted a photo of where i am in Europe on this fb page. It's old town Vilnius, in Lithuania.

- http://www.turbulencetrainingfanpage.com

Wednesday's workout was a total body session done at the Forum Palace gym in Vilnius, Lithuania.

For the rest of the weekend I'll be doing bodyweight workouts, including this bodyweight workout from Adam Steer to help build muscle and burn fat at the SAME time:
- http://www.ttfatloss.com/bodyweight-workout-build-muscle/

The Forum workout was followed by dinner at an Argentine steakhouse in the old town with my friend Simon Black. That dinner was delicious, but breakfast was even better. Let me set the scene.

The sun was shining on the riverbank and the buildings of old-town Lithuania glistened in the distance.

The hotel I was staying at, the Radisson Blu offered a buffet breakfast with its more-than-fair 104 Euro per night rate. After an excellent interval workout in their adequate fitness center, I was ready to dig in.

Were I on a typical Western diet, no doubt I would have filled up on the breads and pancakes with a side of eggs. And that would have been fine.

But my gluten-free breakfast was one of the best meals I'd had since…well, my gluten-free dinner at the Argentine steakhouse in old-town Lithuania the night before.


My breakfast included hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, smoked mackerel (can't find that in North America), grilled tomato, grilled mushrooms, peppers, and fresh pears, peaches, and watermelon. Alongside was green tea with honey. Oh, and some raw nuts and a few dates. Perfect setting for a great meal.

Discover over 50 gluten-free recipes and a better way to eat here

- http://www.GlutenFreeHealthSolution.com

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one." – Mark Twain

Have that uncomfortable conversation today. Do it now before the problem gets worse.

"The right thing is usually not the easy thing to do. You may sacrifice popularity for rightness, by you'll lose self-esteem for wrongness. Don't be afraid to say no." – Kekich Credo #47

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: