Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Meathead Monday Moved to Wednesday

Haven't had a true #meathead monday workout in a while, but we moved this week's to Wednesday and the workout was great.

My #Meathead training - Bench, Ring Pullup, DB Press, Chest-Supported Row.

Also, if you want to beat Bootcamp workout boredom, get these 31 new MRT workouts
- http://www.31mrtbootcampworkouts.com

Today's www.SuccessQnA.com

Q: On the topic of to bed at sane time and awake at same time, I complete agree I feel better when I'm in bed by 9 I'm always up at 4. Do you think there are seasons where business or family demands make that near impossible or is that an excuse and you'd be more productive in the end of you just stuck to it? Thanks ;) - Rebecca

Answer:
Certainly the holidays will mess with it. And when I travel to Europe and Asia it can be difficult at first, but I get into the SAME-SAME (to bed-wake up) routine as quickly as possible. At Christmas, you might want to shift things a little bit, but just remember, and you know this from working with clients, the further you get OUT of a habit, the HARDER it is to get back into it. Just remember the consequences that come anytime you deviate from your best behaviors. Keep up the great work.

Q: Thanks it's more projects and pressure of feeling like I have to get "one more thing done" that get in the way of "going to bed on time" but you're totally right...I'll keep working on transforming the habit into lifestyle . Make it a GREAT day ;) you are an awesome example of hard work and ingenuity paying off!

Answer:
Also, make sure you don't let your "to do" list become a monster. Keep it realistic. Evaluate all the things on it to make sure they are REAL leverage points. A lot of stuff we think we should do doesn't really matter that much. Make sure you know what is important ... and what is not. And remember the BIG decision in your life - how you use your time. Every second you spend on a useless task or checking another non-essential email robs you of family and personal time. Be RUTHLESS with your time...how you use your time is the most important decision you'll make in your life.

Q: I'm trying to cut down on my information sources right now, so I can focus on GTD. How do I go about reinforcing that discipline? I find myself straying (especially into Social Media) a lot. - James

Answer:
You could use an Internet blocking service (google Internet Freedom). Also, buy my Time Management book on Amazon Kindle. And read the Time Management articles on www.EarlytoRise.com. Make sure to identify your magic time, protect it and foster it. You will triple your productivity that way.

Q: If you have an idea that you want to present to an affiliate to help them work with you, how do you protect that idea so that way they don't take the idea and use it for their own? How do you protect your intelectual property? Thank you! - Steve

Answer:
I know of only two options. 1) Go the legal route and protect it. or 2) Trust the other person not to be a jerk. That said, if they end up being a jerk, sometimes all you can do is just be better than them at implementing. There's a phrase often attributed to McDonalds that you need to instill in yourself: "We can innovate faster than they can copy." I have this faith in myself, which is why I give away so much information about my business. By the time I share my tips and tricks, I'm already on to the next one.

Q: Do you have info on improving your networking skills. I need to learn how to approach local small business owners about my product and need advice on how to do that. - Kevin

Answer:
Even though he is not in your niche, my friend Bedros Keuilian has the best advice for you at www.ptpower.com

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Be careful what you tell your subconscious mind that what you want, because you are almost guaranteed to get it. Focus on the RIGHT things. Create your vision, and let all your actions be IN congruence with it.

"You could just as easily change your life today as any other day. You don't need to wait for January first." - Dan Kennedy

"You have much more opportunity to earn more money than you do to "not spend" money, and yet most people spend hours upon hours clipping coupons and perusing daily deal sites instead of brainstorming how to earn more money and solve people's problems." – Susan Fujii, www.Kungfufinance.com

It's as though I've had a horseshoe made out of rabbit's feet around my neck for these past thirty years."
- http://www.earlytorise.com/the-truth-about-luck-and-success/

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: