Friday, July 06, 2012

Meathead Luck

A little bit of meatheads and a lot of luck today, as you'll learn from my ETR article.

Today's #Meathead Friday training - Hang Clean, Deadlift, Military Press, Front Squat, Good Mornings.

And from www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

Q: Finishing week 3 of TT2K12. For non-resistance training days, I do the warm up circuit 2-3 times followed by intervals. Which activity for intervals is most effective for fat loss? - Brian

Answer:
Probably hill sprints, but there is no research, just opinion. That said, the stationary bike is safe and effective, and minimizes joint impact. Plus, it's the method that has been most studied for interval training.

Q: What do u think of incorporating 1 minute of HIIT cardio with supersets for maximum fat burning in a workout? - Doris

Answer:
I don't train that way because it takes away from strength. Also, there is no research that shows better results from that method. However, it does trick people into thinking they are working harder. A nice little personal trainer secret.

Also, for the original Turbulence Training, you'll need dumbbells and a bench at home. If you want bodyweight only, check out this program:
- www.turbulencetraining.com/bwc

And today's www.SuccessQnA.com

Q: How do you pick your number one to do- when they all seem to have the same importance? When I make my list, I get stopped because any would be productive, but then I have too many things to do. - Liz

Answer:
I always struggle when people ask me this question, because I ALWAYS have a number one. The number one is the thing that gets me closest to my vision. If
you haven't done the vision exercise yet, start here, and you'll get clarity
- www.ANewAmericanDream.com

Q: Craig, I reward myself for getting my 90 minutes of work done. Just need the discipline to get started. Self discipline without going to the office challenging. Any training ideas, to get the right habits in place. - Marci

Answer:
The only thing that beats procrastination is to just start. That's it. Eliminate all distractions so that you have nothing to stop you from starting. Maybe reading Steven Pressfield's "Do the Work" or "War of Art" will help, or maybe it will just allow you to procrastinate more. I hope it's the former, not the latter.

Q: Do you recommend building a brand based on your name or what you do? I have the .com for both of these.

Answer:
The name of the website is irrelevant. What matters is the content delivered and the BIG IDEA that you are selling. Brands aren't big ideas. I wouldn't even waste my time thinking about the brand. Besides, websites are cheap. You can have them both and just point them both at the same URL. Again, what matters is the OFFER that is made and content delivered.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
You cannot, you cannot, you cannot, you cannot let other people's negativity or beliefs stop you from living the life you want and deserve. You cannot let them stop you.

"You must believe that your past is not your future. You are not stuck or defined by tradition and you don't have to listen to what others tell you to do." – Gayle Carson

Success is all luck, you know. Whether you see yourself as having good luck or bad luck simply depends on how you look at it. Frankly, I think you're blessed with nothing but good luck. I'll prove it to you today.

The truth about luck
- http://www.earlytorise.com/the-truth-about-luck-and-success/

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Overcoming the #1 problem with working out on your own (story)
- http://www.ttfatloss.com/exercise-motivation/

1 comment:

Mark Philip said...

Great post with some good question and answering. (What do u think of incorporating 1 minute of HIIT cardio with supersets for maximum fat burning in a workout?)this question ans makes my demand. Thanks. :)