Saturday, January 01, 2011

3 workouts for 2011

I don't know what got into me between New Year's Eve and New Year's Day morning, but I woke up and had the craziest hard-core training ideas coming to mind.
 
So New Year's morning, while walking the dog in the rain, I put together a few barbell complex workouts. I even tested one on one of
my training guinea pigs Saturday morning. Good times.
 
FACT: My New Year`s Resolution is to create more TT Training Workouts in 2011 than in any other year.
 
I also had a flash of brilliance/craziness about a new program that I'm going to call, "Muscle Murder: Capital Punishment". It's based on some programs I've been giving my Toronto Meathead clients.

But today, I want to give you 3 workouts for your New Year's Fat Loss:

#1 - A sample Barbell Complex workout

- You can do this circuit 3-5 times at the end of a workout to replace interval training.
- Do not rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute at the end of the circuit before repeating.
- Men: Use a 45 pound bar.
- Women: Use the 25 pound EZ-curl bar

(You can also do it with bodyweight only to start and substitute pushups for military press.)

Squat - 6 reps
Forward Lunge - 6 reps per side
Good Morning - 6 reps
Military Press - 6 reps
Front Squat - 6 reps
RDL - 6 reps
 
You'll get more of these in the February workout of the month, "The Ballantyne's Day Massacre Program".
 
(There will also be a less extreme "TT Beginner Torso Training" coming next month as well.)
 
#2 - An advanced TT Bodyweight Workout - The Gauntlet

Hopefully you've already downloaded this, but if you're new, here's the link to my most intense bodyweight program ever:

=>
http://www.TTGauntlet.com

It's perfect if you are looking to lose fat and maintain muscle. But again, it's not for beginners.

#3 - The TT 2K11 Program

This is the January workout of the month for all TT Members. You can download it here:

=>
January Turbulence Training Fat Loss Workout - TT 2K11
 
This workout includes:
 
- My favorite Strength-Jump superset to kick-off workout A
- The proven fat burning Adrenaline shuttle-sprints
- Unconventional TT-style Ab exercises to turn your torso into ab-plated armor
- Meathead Muscle in Workout B
- 3-minute Addiction challenges
- My favorite superset ever (kicking off Workout C)
- And a new Bodyweight Cardio 5x5 program in Workout D to end your week

Here's to your best year ever,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Creator, Turbulence Training

PS - The January workout of the month is available to all TT Members.
 
If you're not a member, you can join here: 
 
 
And remember, you can cancel your TT membership anytime.
 
Just send us an email. Thanks! And see you on the forums!

1 comment:

Tina said...

For the barbell complex for females...can you just do 2 sets of the front squats? I have an EZ curl bar, but no squat rack as I work out at home. Or, assuming you can handle the 25lb weight, can you curl the bar up with a overhand grip, then military press it straight up, then rest it behind you in the proper back squat postion? (of course I would not dare try this with a heavier weight though!)

Thanks!