Monday, January 03, 2011

2011 Bench Press

My 2011 plan is to get my bench press back up over 300 pounds. It's been about 2 years since I was able to achieve that, and right now I'm working through a couple of small nagging injuries, so I'm using board presses in place of full benches, but I'm making progress.

Today's upper body workout today:

Warmup of stickups, pushups, band pull-aparts, WYTs, and med ball throws.

Followed by:

1A) Board Press (275x3)
1B) DB Row (105x3x8)

2A) Bodyweight triceps extensions
2B) Dumbbell curls
2C) Cable external rotations

I skipped pushups and pullups today. I need a little bit of Active Release therapy on my neck before doing high rep bodyweight exercises.

No more lifting until deadlifts on Thursday.

Today's resource:
Good training article here from Chris Lopez to get you focused for 2011

=> 2011 Training Lessons

And today's kick-butt mindset tip:

‎"What we do today determines our tomorrow." - Sam Carpenter, "Work the System".

Listen, blaming others and regretting the past is pointless. Its done. Over. Can't change it. Get over it and get on with creating the life you want.

Get strong in 2011,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Turbulence Training

PS - If you, or a friend, are a...

...beginner looking to get back into workouts for the new year, I recommend this series:

=> Beginner Total Torso Training

1 comment:

Dan said...

Great article some good tips, especially FORM IS KEY! If you form is not bang on then stop. Thanks for sharing.

Dan