Thursday, March 19, 2009

Deadlift Workout & Women That Grunt When Squatting

Good workout today...although I had to listen to a chick make wicked grunting noises when she squatted. Of course, her IPOD was so loud she probably couldn't even hear herself. But I mean, seriously, she was one of the loudest "grunters" I've ever heard in the gym. But, at least she was training hard...

And I do some stupid stuff in the gym too...including some "stupid trainer" videos we filmed last night...

Read about the videos here:

=> Fat Loss Diet videos

This was the last week for my current 4-week training program, and I've gone from 170 to 182 in those 4 weeks, and added some strength in Military Press, Bench, Deadlift, and Squat. Next program is also looking sweet. Also added a good number of reps to pushups and pullups. I'm almost back to top strength I had 6 months ago.

Today's workout was...

1) Deadlift

2A) Military Press
2B) Good Morning

3A) Pistol
3B) Pullup

That's it...will do some bodyweight stuff at hotel gym this to Vegas for a couple of days (business and pleasure).

But don't worry, I'll be a good boy.

Looking forward to next week's workouts,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - Someone asked me about how to use Turbulence Training while training for a marathon...

...and here are my thoughts...

=> Turbulence Training for Runners?

1 comment:

skinnybuddah said...

Great superset of the Pistol and Pull Up.

please note, that I'm a red blooded male and refrain from making comment on the female grunters!!

Enjoy Vegas