Thursday, March 19, 2009

Deadlift Workout & Women That Grunt When Squatting

Good workout today...although I had to listen to a chick make wicked grunting noises when she squatted. Of course, her IPOD was so loud she probably couldn't even hear herself. But I mean, seriously, she was one of the loudest "grunters" I've ever heard in the gym. But, at least she was training hard...

And I do some stupid stuff in the gym too...including some "stupid trainer" videos we filmed last night...

Read about the videos here:

=> Fat Loss Diet videos

This was the last week for my current 4-week training program, and I've gone from 170 to 182 in those 4 weeks, and added some strength in Military Press, Bench, Deadlift, and Squat. Next program is also looking sweet. Also added a good number of reps to pushups and pullups. I'm almost back to top strength I had 6 months ago.

Today's workout was...

1) Deadlift

2A) Military Press
2B) Good Morning

3A) Pistol
3B) Pullup

That's it...will do some bodyweight stuff at hotel gym this weekend...off to Vegas for a couple of days (business and pleasure).

But don't worry, I'll be a good boy.

Looking forward to next week's workouts,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - Someone asked me about how to use Turbulence Training while training for a marathon...

...and here are my thoughts...

=> Turbulence Training for Runners?

1 comment:

skinnybuddah said...

Great superset of the Pistol and Pull Up.

please note, that I'm a red blooded male and refrain from making comment on the female grunters!!

Enjoy Vegas