Sunday, September 28, 2008

Deadlift and Lower Body Workout

Today was my modified version of Workout B from the TT2K4 program. After a breakfast of 2 bananas, 2oz almonds, and an apple, I went to the Y to train...

It was nice and quiet. Watched a trainer coach 3 overweight women on how to do chest flies with the cable crossover equipment. Not sure what the point of that is...cable flies don't seem like a priority for an overweight woman. I just don't understand where some trainers get their workout ideas from...

My workout...

Extensive warmup that I'm too lazy to write out

1A) Deadlift - 325x2 (double overhand), 345x3 (alternate grip), 365x3 (alternate grip), 225x12 (OH)
1B) DB 1-Arm Standing Shoulder Press - 60x6, 65x6, 70x4

2A) Barbell Bulgarian Split Squat - 3x8
2B) DB RDL - 3x8

3A) Stability Ball Leg Curl - 3x20
3B) Cable Abs - 3x12

Pretty good. Two days off now due to OSP meeting, and back at it on Wednesday.

Make sure all your exercises are worth it,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Click here for TT 2K4  

2 comments:

Alex Poole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex Poole said...

Hi Craig,

I know exactly what you mean, clueless trainers who don't know what they are doing.

That's why I started up my Fitness Rant.com podcast.

It's just my way of trying to help those that have not been given the truth.

By the way,nice program. How you feel today?

Alex
www.FitnessRant.com