Saturday, February 08, 2014

Crushed a Guinea Pig in the Garage

Yes! Another Guinea Pig crushed.

All thanks to another awesome workout creation.

Today in the Ballantyne Gym Lab I put a client (i.e. Guinea pig) through a "Big Five Finisher". I might bring this out as the March Turbulence Training Workout of the Month. It was really tough, and a perfect total body workout for fat burning, a little muscle-building, and great conditioning. My "guinea pig" was sweating up a storm in the cold garage gym.

Remember that my big 5 goes like this:
1) Squat
2) Push
3) Pull
4) Single-Leg
5) Total Body Ab

This format can be used for any goal - from strength to fat loss to conditioning.

And this workout actually hit them ALL!

Stay tuned for March.

After that, I had a good discussion about healing a rotator cuff injury on my Turbulence Training FB QnA (where we also just hit 55,000 fans, by the way).

Scott said: I want a chest workout to do while I have a partial tear in my rotator cuff. I don't need (or want) surgery, but it doesn't heal. Very frustrating.

My Reply:
No chest workout for you. The cuff will heal if you stop doing chest for 3 months and train your upper back twice a week. Man up and take the time off. You can do it. i've done it...as have many big and strong guys...the time will fly by...your shoulder will get healthy, and then you can build the chest.

Also, have you watched this video on my #1 fat burning tip? Go here:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXuG8JyDByo

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Be The Rock in someones life-The consistent, always there, always showing up, always on the level, source of support for someone. It matters.

We all need rocks in our life. Things we can count on every day. Be that rock for someone else.

So that friend, family member, long-neglected acquaintance, that one you know is wanting/waiting to hear from you, reach out to them today.

Here's a little rock in my life...my Favorite FB page. Thank goodness this young man was delusional - http://vimeo.com/85667490

Sometimes it is right to chase your dreams,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Quick biz recommendations:

 Y'all need to be reading www.InternetIndependence.com and "Ready Fire Aim" by Michael Masterson.

--
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

No comments: