Saturday, April 28, 2012

How to live life well

Recent research published in Applied Physiology Nutrition and Metabolism found that we can increase anaerobic energy expenditure and post-exercise oxygen consumption by using longer lifting tempos for a given number of repetitions. We've increased the time under tension for certain exercises and you're going to feel it in your metabolic response and fat loss to this new TT MRT 2.0 (now available to members at www.TTmembers.com).

(Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2012 Mar 8. The effect of time-under-tension and weight lifting cadence on aerobic, anaerobic, and recovery energy expenditures: 3 submaximal sets.Scott CB.)

That's the power of metabolic workouts.

Yet still people want to believe in metabolism boosting pills. I can assure you, none of these work for fat loss.

Fat burners do not help fat loss. Show me a study on any commercial fat burner that proves me wrong. Have you ever taken a pill that comes anywhere close to the effects of exercise? Give me a break. The reason ECA worked in the past was because it was an appetite suppressant, not a metabolic stimulator.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
If you feel like you're spinning your wheels and not making any progress, one solution is to put more urgency into your life. Here's what you need to do. First, identify what it is that you truly want to accomplish. Second, outline what you need to do to get there. And third, give yourself a deadline. (Bonus fourth step: Cut that deadline by 20%. Don't worry, you'll reach it.) These steps are simple, but effective, because they combine the power of a vision with the urgency of a deadline.

If you want to get lean, hang around lean people. If you want to get strong, hang around strong people. Who are you hanging around with?

Admit to – and learn from – your mistakes. Mistakes must be viewed positively…because with the knowledge you gain from them, you are able to achieve the best things in your life. Without the lows in life, the highs would never really seem that high.

"With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

And today's Live Well Lived Wisdom from the QnA sessions over at MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.cbathletics.com" claiming to be www.Facebook.comTheNewEarlytoRise :

Q: What is it that truly makes people successful? What one thing would you recommend to people that if they did nothing else but "this" they be on their way to becoming successful? Of course, success is defined differently by each one of use, but you know what I mean. - Terry

My Answer:
The ability to continue working when it feels like everything is going wrong. That and a big idea. Great question.

Q: Is there a notebook or app that would help to structure my daily routine to focus on most important tasks? - John

My Answer:
I fear you are complicating things. All you need is a list of top 1-3 priorities for each day. Attack those. Identify your magic time and guard it. Use your magic time for greatest attack on priorities.

Q: I have a problem that I'm already in a stage where i am very comfortable. I've 3 kids, I'm semi retired in a teaching job that pays me a $100000 per year salary, I have a million worth of assets plus savings. I want to achieve more but some how I can't seem to reach for more because I'm already so comfortable. I'm only 37. I like to ask for your perspective on how I can increase my level of "must haves" so my standards can increase even more. Thank you so much.

My Answer:
That's a great question and I have moments like this myself.

The answer can only come from within. There must be an internal motivation - that is the answer for all progress and self improvement.

I suggest thinking about the longview, the legacy you may want to leave behind, the life lessons you want to teach your children, and what really matters to you.

Go through the vision exercise we have at www.ANewAmericanDream.com.

And if all that positivity doesn't help you, just realize that the current economic environment has the potential to get much worse, and it may be one day a million dollars doesn't go too far.

BUT, most importantly, spend a great deal of time thinking about what you can do that is BIGGER than you. What mission can you accomplish that would be important to you, and the world. Good luck, and let us know what you choose.

PS - I've devoted myself to transforming the lives of 1 Million people. And I've told the world about it. That lights a fire under my butt everyday. Made a video about it here - www.turbulencetrainingcertification.com

Q: Good morning! Do you have any suggestions for books/practices to help with staying positive? I am working on getting better at keeping others'' emotions from bringing me down. There are times though, especially when I'm fatigued where I allow a sad or negative emotional interaction with a client or friend to get me down. I am using psycho cybernetics but any recommendations would help. I need to be able to listen without feeling so much. - Megan

My Answer:
First, congrats to you for working so hard on this. Second, kudos for getting Psycho-Cybernetics.

Third, it's a tough question...everyone has different forms of motivation/inspiration for staying positive. You might like some of the courses at www.MindValley.com.

ETR readers have given me great feedback on their courses, and Matt Smith and I just visited their company. It's really positive. On that note, spend as much time as possible with positive people.

Great question, and I'll do more digging around for ideas to share in an ETR article.

Personally, I always think of how lucky I am to have been born into the easy life that I have...and frankly, compared to history, almost everyone in the Western world is living in a time when our lives are exponentially easier and better than the lives of kings and queens just 200 years ago. I think about that some times.

Q: Hello, what tips to you have to handle email? I normally start my workdays by opening up my email inbox and that tends to dictate my day. Your thoughts? Ideas? Thanks! - Ed

My Answer:
Fight that email. Don't open that inbox. I wrote an article here:

- http://www.earlytorise.com/how-to-beat-email-addiction/

Bottom line: Fight for every minute before you open your inbox each day. I don't open mine until after 10am...at least 6 hours after I've been awake.

***
Great QnA session over on FB today. Thanks for your questions.

Life life well,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - You should do something cool for a friend today. I will take my own advice and go do that right now. Keep the weekend going right.

No comments: