Monday, June 08, 2009

Monday Workout & Vegetarian Diet Adventures

Another day, another whacky vegetarian diet adventure.

Yesterday's "organic spelt flour veggie patty" turned out really well, but today's Hemp Beverage was a bit of a disappointment. As one TT Twitter reader said, "it makes almond milk take delicious". That said, I'm going to find a way to make it work...other TT'ers have suggested mixing in banana and peanut butter in a shake.

You couldn't go wrong with that.

Here's today's workout...my right pec felt tight from the start, even though I did my regular thorough warm-up, so it set me back a bit.  

1A) Bench – 255x3x3 (pec felt tight so I stopped there)
1B) Seated Row – 210 x 4 x 10

2A) DB Press – 45x3x15
2B) BB Row – 185x3x8, 135x8 (dropset)

3A) BB Curls – 3x10
3B) DB Triceps Extensions – 3x8

45 minutes (includes long warm-up for bench press)

Then I came home and had lunch...

2 nut butter sandwiches
- 4 slices pumpkin seed bread (purchased from Mabel's Specialty Shop in Toronto)
- 2 tablespoons organic cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted crunchy almond butter
- some blueberries to top each sandwich
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp beverage

Squats tomorrow and then flying out to Cali on Wednesday,

Craig

PS - Here's the only fitness interview you'll ever read where Marty McFly is referenced...

I talk about time machines and TT.

Click here to read my interview with Alwyn Cosgrove

2 comments:

Billy Kain said...

Great post!
Just curious when and what sort of cardio you do?
Keep up the great info.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

no cardio