Monday, June 08, 2009

Monday Workout & Vegetarian Diet Adventures

Another day, another whacky vegetarian diet adventure.

Yesterday's "organic spelt flour veggie patty" turned out really well, but today's Hemp Beverage was a bit of a disappointment. As one TT Twitter reader said, "it makes almond milk take delicious". That said, I'm going to find a way to make it work...other TT'ers have suggested mixing in banana and peanut butter in a shake.

You couldn't go wrong with that.

Here's today's right pec felt tight from the start, even though I did my regular thorough warm-up, so it set me back a bit.  

1A) Bench – 255x3x3 (pec felt tight so I stopped there)
1B) Seated Row – 210 x 4 x 10

2A) DB Press – 45x3x15
2B) BB Row – 185x3x8, 135x8 (dropset)

3A) BB Curls – 3x10
3B) DB Triceps Extensions – 3x8

45 minutes (includes long warm-up for bench press)

Then I came home and had lunch...

2 nut butter sandwiches
- 4 slices pumpkin seed bread (purchased from Mabel's Specialty Shop in Toronto)
- 2 tablespoons organic cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted crunchy almond butter
- some blueberries to top each sandwich
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp beverage

Squats tomorrow and then flying out to Cali on Wednesday,


PS - Here's the only fitness interview you'll ever read where Marty McFly is referenced...

I talk about time machines and TT.

Click here to read my interview with Alwyn Cosgrove


Billy Kain said...

Great post!
Just curious when and what sort of cardio you do?
Keep up the great info.

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS said...

no cardio