Friday, June 22, 2007

Fat Burning Cardio & Interval Q'n'A

Two quick fat loss-related cardio and interval questions from my fat loss message board

Q: I'm new here and I have a question about using a stationary bike for intervals. Is a recumbent bike or upright bike the best? Also, at what height should the seat be on an upright? I'm short so I put the seat pretty low. I read somewhere that the seat should be at a height that when you are pedaling your knees should not lock. I hope that makes sense. I just want to make sure I have the correct form. Thanks!

Answer:
Too much hip movement in the recumbant bike when doing intervals...so I prefer the upright. And yes, you have the recommendations correct for seat height.


Q: Can you provide some bodyweight circuit examples?

Answer from a Turbulence Training member:
Not sure if this question was meant for me or Craig. What I do is go through the intermediate workout found in Turbulence Training for Fat Loss, then after the workout I do bodyweight intervals. I keep good form while doing the circuit, and I do about 3-5 circuits. The interval comprises of:

1)Y-Squat (15 reps)
2)Pushups (12 reps)
3)Reverse Lunges (8 reps each leg)
4)Mountain Climbers (8 reps each leg)
5)Jumping Jacks (30 reps)

I myself do not know if this is a good formula. If Craig could weigh in on this, I guess he could point both of us in the right direction. Hope it helps!

Comments from me:
Nice little workout.

I like to pick 3 upper and lower body exercises and alternate, so the lower body rests while the upper body works, and vice versa. Many of the recent monthly workouts contain bodyweight circuits as interval replacements.

Lots of ways to burn fat without having to spend 60 minutes on the treadmill,

CB
Try the new Synergy Fat Loss Workout

PS - I've put up a free bonus for all members till Sunday...

I've made the April 2006 Turbulence Training for Athletes program available until Sunday only, on www.TTmembers.com

This program was a huge hit last year, and contains pre-game warmup workouts, and strength and conditioning workouts to get you into great game shape.

All members can download it before Sunday.

Click HERE for this Turbulence Training strength & conditioning workout

 

No comments: