Wednesday, March 21, 2007

CB does the Mens Health 300 movie workout



Today I did the 300 movie workout from the March issue of Mens Health.

(<- does this look like a Spartan? More like a cheeseball - for a laugh, check the original source of this photo: www.workoutmanuals.com/The-transformation)

Its a challenging 300 repetition workout put together by a trainer for the lead actor in the 300 movie. Actors name was gerard butler I think.



This isn't how they did their workouts...it was just a test of his strength-endurance.



Here's the workout...all exercises are done without rest. Just go, go, go.



Pullups - 25

Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50

Pushups - 50

24-inch Box jumps - 50

Floor wipers - 50

1-arm 36lbs Kettlebell Clean n Press - 50 reps

Pullups - 25



Butler's time was 18:11.



Remember, he didn't practice this workout...and neither did I.



My time: 19:07



My butt was kicked by a hollywood actor.



And I don't plan on doing that any time soon, or really, ever again.



Fortunately, my gym has all the equipment needed. Yours might not.



(Although we only had 44 and 30 pound kb's - so I did 20 reps with the 44's and 30 reps with the 30 pound kb's)



Also, this obviously an advanced workout...you shouldn't do it unless you are as fit as a college athlete.



Fortunately, this can easily be changed. Appropriate exercises should be subbed in, and you should drop down to 100 total reps - or as .: recommends - 4-6 exercises of 15-25 reps each.



For some other ideas on how to do it, go here: http://joshsgarage.typepad.com

EDIT: Also check out what master trainer Alwyn Cosgrove has to say about the 300 workout here...
http://alwyncosgrove.blogspot.com/2007/03/300-workout-transformation.html


I'm thankful there wasn't more leg stuff in this workout,




CB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm inspired by your challenge and I'm gonna do it, but could you explain what is the Floor wiper. Thanks.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Don't even think about doing this workout unless you can deadlift over 350 pounds.

cb

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

PS. I am not putting this workout out there as a challenge to anyone.

herbal supplements said...

More & more people know that blog are good for every one where we get lots of information any topics !!!